Tuesday, August 29, 2006

[Moore] Falcons’ GM loves to hate Irish - Atlanta Journal Constitution
Something just occurred to me. Even though Falcons guru Rich McKay is an otherwise perceptive soul, he and I sit on opposite planets of the college football universe. While I was born and raised in South Bend...he grew up in Los Angeles as a disciple of that arrogant bunch that worships a Trojan horse.

I understand. McKay couldn’t help himself, because his father, John, spent 15 years coaching Southern Cal to four national championships, with more than a few of them depending on whether the Men of Troy could slay the Fighting Irish.

So this isn’t surprising: When Notre Dame comes to town...McKay will cheer himself old gold and white at Bobby Dodd Stadium...Said McKay, emphatically, “I will definitely not be rooting for the Irish.”...

No comments: