Sunday, August 27, 2006

Johnson still confident - LA Daily News
USC freshman tailback Stafon Johnson said he met with coach Pete Carroll following his demotion to the scout team this week, but was not discouraged after being relegated to being the Trojans' fourth tailback.

"I met with him and let him know I'm aware of what I need to work on," Johnson said. "I knew it wasn't necessarily an on-going thing, but I want to work with the first-team offense."

Johnson, perhaps the most highly touted of USC's freshman tailbacks, acknowledged he had an inconsistent training camp. He did not always go 100 percent in practice and also needs to work on his blocking.

"It's more about consistency," Johnson said. "One day I would come and do something and the next day I wouldn't. I just feel I have to improve myself...

Also, Replacing Reggie - LA Daily News

No comments: