Monday, August 20, 2007

Frustration grows among tailbacks - OC Register
...Another player who took a turn as the featured back last year, C.J. Gable, expressed a measure of frustration at the situation.

Gable, a sophomore, started five games last year but has seen his chances shrink as the coaches take looks at Stafon Johnson, Broderick Green and Allen Bradford.

"It's a challenge, because sometimes when I get my reps, there's nothing there, so it makes me look bad. But they already know what I can do from last year," Gable said. "I trust them right now. I'm just going to get in the plays I get in right now."

Competition at the tailback spot is nothing new at USC, but the numbers this year are new. The Trojans still have nine tailbacks...

Also, [Johnston] Tailback U runs an amazing nine deep - MSNBC

No comments: