Sunday, April 23, 2006

Dedeaux Honored by USC - LA Times
...Said Fred Lynn, the former Trojan outfielder who went on to become a nine-time All-Star: "He believed that every guy that put on a Trojan uniform was the best at his position, and he let you know that. In my 17 years in the big leagues, I never played for a better baseball man than Rod Dedeaux. In my three years at USC I learned more about how to play baseball the right way than I did my entire big league career."...

...Lasorda, rarely at a loss for words, told the crowd before the game that he found it difficult to speak about the loss of "a tremendous friend, my idol."

"When he went up to the pearly gates and the big Dodger in the sky shook his hand and said, 'We've been waiting a long time for you. We're happy to have you,' " Lasorda said, "Rod looked at him and said, 'Thank you, Tiger.' "

No comments: