Monday, April 24, 2006

A bid for Justice - Kansas City Star
...“It was hard, really hard, especially watching your team win a national championship without you,” Justice said. “It kind of makes you wonder, ‘Do they really need you? Should I come back to SC when they just won a national championship without me?’ I made a good choice, coming back to SC.”

Justice reclaimed his starting right tackle position last year, and the Trojans extended their winning streak to 34 straight games before losing to Texas 41-38 in the national championship game at the Rose Bowl. Justice protected Leinart’s blind side and opened running lanes for Bush and LenDale White as the Trojans led the nation in total offense...

...“Boxing helped me so much with my hands and my footwork. I think that translated a lot into my football game, too. You need quick hands to box, and you need quick hands for football, too. I boxed for a whole year while I was out. I sparred against different guys.”...

Also, USC's Justice could be first-round pick - Dayton Daily News

No comments: