Friday, May 12, 2006

Sprint for the future - Portland Tribune
...he has taken some heat for choosing the Trojans instead of the University of Oregon.

“I’ve lived in Oregon most of my life,” Anderson says. “People don’t realize there is a way bigger world out there than just being here in Oregon. (UO) is a great track school, but I’m ready for something new. I’ll get the training I need, and this climate is definitely not suitable for what I’m trying to accomplish.”...

...Anderson served as class president as a freshman and sophomore and last year became the first junior to reign as student-body president in school history. If there is an activity or club at the school, Anderson probably is involved with it.

“I’m trying to make myself a well-rounded person,” says Anderson, who says he carries a 3.0 GPA. “I try to be a good person not just on the track but in the classroom....

No comments: