Friday, May 12, 2006

Powell goes the distance at USC - Eugene Register-Guard
That no college female athlete in the United States has navigated 10 rows of hurdles over 100 meters of track quicker than Virginia Powell is just one example of her fast-lane mind-set...

..."I want to be the best hurdler in the world."

Eleven months ago, during the USA Track and Field Outdoor Championships...Powell blew down the track and over the hurdles in 12.61 seconds.

Powell's time was a USC record and equaled the collegiate and Pac-10 Conference standards set by Gail Devers...

..."I want to finish my four years at USC," said Powell, nearing completion of her work for a degree in public policy and management. "They have stuck by me all this time, and I will have my degree when I leave."...

No comments: