Friday, May 19, 2006

[Demasio] The Key for Carolina - CNNSI
Steve Smith trudged off the field during the second quarter of last season's NFC Championship against Seattle, sternly flashing four fingers -- for the number of defenders who had covered him...

...Seattle discovered the best way to contain the 5-foot-9, 185-pound powder keg: virtually ignore the rest of Carolina's receivers.

But Carolina's signing of Keyshawn Johnson -- one of the NFL's best possession wideouts and a clutch performer -- will halt such tactics and catapult Carolina back to the top of the NFC.

"They will have to pick their poison," Johnson said on Thursday. "I might be slow, but I'm going to nickel-and-dime you to death while I let Steve slice up your ass. I dare a defensive coordinator to leave me out there by myself."...

No comments: