Thursday, October 05, 2006

USC's Hazelton ready to roll if Jarrett remains on injured list - Daily Breeze
This could be the week for the emergence of USC freshman receiver Vidal Hazelton, who...has yet to catch a pass in a game.

Assuming starting split end Dwayne Jarrett can't go for the second consecutive week because of his shoulder sprain...sophomore Patrick Turner will start again and Hazelton would be Turner's backup.

Hazelton said he has settled into the job after relying merely on his athleticism in high school in Virginia...

..."I knew my plays (here), I knew what I had to do, but I was never sure going out to the line of scrimmage. Now I'm more confident in exactly what I have to do. Now I just go out there and have fun and play.''

Coach Pete Carroll said he's beginning to see Hazelton's work pay off...

Also, Carroll urges patience in freshmen - Daily Breeze
Freshman Receiver Set to Step Up - Inland Empire Press-Enterprise
With receiver shortage, Hazelton sees opportunity - Daily Trojan
Injuries push young receivers to the fore - OC Register

No comments: