Thursday, October 05, 2006

Huskies' Wood savors his chance - Seattle P-I
When Marlon Wood was a boy, he would root against his father's alma mater.

Never mind that Richard Wood was USC's first three-time All-American. Never mind that Marlon's father is a member of the Trojans Hall of Fame, or that his parents met on the Los Angeles campus.

"I wanted them to lose. I never grew up a fan of (USC)," Marlon Wood said. "You could call it hatred. That's what it is."

Marlon would go so far as to buy the opponents' T-shirt and wear it around the house the week before a USC game.

"I was a little pest," he said...

Also, UW at USC: Keys to the Game - Seattle P-I
Chopping down USC - Seattle Times
Ready to put the Wood to USC - Everett Herald
Back to earth - Everett Herald
UW's Wood a Longtime Trojan Hater - Kitsap Sun

No comments: