Thursday, April 13, 2006

SOY fundraiser ‘a roaring success’ - Whitehorse Daily Star
Ed Hervey has experienced a lot of things in his football career, with eight seasons and two Grey Cups as a receiver for the Edmonton Eskimos under his belt, but the CFL veteran found himself in unfamiliar territory this past weekend.

Hervey was in Whitehorse as a special guest at the Sports Celebrities Festival Dinner Auction, for the benefit of Special Olympics Yukon.

And while helping out in the community isn’t anything new...snowmobiling and bowling aren’t normally on his agenda – at least, not 5-pin bowling...

...“I believe it’s our job to give back to the community. A lot of people helped me get to where I am, so if I can help raise money for a great cause and inspire people, it’s the least I can do.”

Hervey is certainly one of those athletes who puts his money where his mouth is...

No comments: