Friday, May 26, 2006

Kelly convinced he can contribute - Regina Leader-Post
Rookie receiver Kareem Kelly is supposed to be intimidated by his first CFL training camp with the Saskatchewan Roughriders -- right?

Think again...

..."I've been in the big scenes before and I played in a lot of big games in college," continued Kelly, 25, who was drafted by the New Orleans Saints (sixth round, 2003) and had subsequent tryouts with the Chicago Bears and Baltimore Ravens. "I don't have much NFL experience but just being out there with Pro Bowl-calibre guys (in practice) has kind of helped me relax and understand the game itself. There aren't too many nerves (in Riders camp). It's more just focusing in, concentrating and executing my assignments."

Kelly is already proving to be a quick study...

No comments: