Monday, May 01, 2006

Bing has reason to celebrate - LA Daily News
...The Oakland Raiders made that dream come true Sunday, drafting Bing with the fourth pick in the fourth round, 101st overall.

"I would say it was pretty shocking," Bing said of falling to the second day. "I was sitting there watching everyone's name go by. I have no idea what happened. Now I have to be satisfied with this situation and make things happen for myself."

Bing was glad to be chosen by Oakland, which is close enough that his family can go to games. The Raiders, who chose Texas safety Michael Huff in the first round, plan to move Bing to outside linebacker.

"Someone told me my hitting will fit right in with the Oakland Raiders because they have that nasty style," Bing said...

Also, Bing Goes to Raiders - LA Times
Another day brings another safety - Contra Costa Times
Raiders say USC's Bing will be LB - Modesto Bee

No comments: