Friday, August 04, 2006

DT Wright seeing the light - Ft Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel
...Wright is still working on shedding that tissue-soft image, as well as some pounds on his 6-foot-6, 340-pound frame, but strides are being made as he bids for snaps while spelling veteran Keith Traylor (37 next month).

"I'm a young guy," said Wright, 22, who the Dolphins selected with the fifth pick of the 2005 supplemental draft after his sophomore season at Southern California. "You learn things from going through hard things, and I made it in my head that I wasn't going to come back in the same kind of shape.

"I knew what to expect out of this camp from going through it last year and basically see that it couldn't get no worse."

Despite Wright's vow to return in better shape at minicamp in June, he admitted to gaining more than 20 pounds while devouring his mother's cooking in the offseason...

No comments: