Monday, April 28, 2008

Big draft day for local football talent - Vacaville Reporter
The waiting was hard for Thomas Williams. The waiting after he knew something was brewing was even harder.

The former Vacaville High School star and USC standout was the 155th overall pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, going in the fifth round to the Jacksonville Jaguars. He got the good news while in Sacramento spending an eventful afternoon with his mother and grandparents.

"I found out about 25 to 30 minutes before my name ran along the bottom of the screen," Williams said. "They called me to make sure they could get a hold of me, to make sure I'd be able to practice, and to let me know when minicamp would be.

"Then they told me they'd call me back in 15 to 20 minutes...

Also, Jacksonville Jaguars select Williams on 2nd day of NFL Draft - Orlando Sentinel

No comments: