Wednesday, June 28, 2006

[Layden] Sunday storylines - CNNSI
...as I bring new eyes to the nation's Sunday pastime, I'm curious about a few things:

1. The Bush-Brees show in New Orleans


Three years ago I sat in USC coach Pete Carroll's office after a Tuesday-afternoon practice. Carroll, then in his first year in Los Angeles, was scarfing down dinner and swilling Mountain Dew, watching tape of the day's practice. Hidden among the budding stars on the tape was a running back wearing jersey number five. "Reggie Bush," Carroll said. "Watch this."

There are few things in my business like seeing the genesis of greatness. In any sport. On this evening I watched Bush run half a dozen plays with USC's second and third offensive units. Twice he ran the wrong play altogether, a common freshman mistake. Twice he wasn't a factor in the play. Twice he made my jaw hit the table...

Also, Bush remains evasive over possible lawsuit - San Diego Union-Tribune

No comments: