Friday, June 30, 2006

For Bush, charity comes before deal - New Orleans Times-Picayune
...many say that what Bush has done so early in his career is unusual. He hasn't signed with the team yet, hasn't run the ball even once, but already he's woven his way into the fabric of stricken New Orleans charitably, in part because of his high visibility...

...Bush said what he is doing is real and heart-felt, and not just a plan...

..."My motivation? I wouldn't look at it as me jumping into it and getting in a hurry," Bush said. "It's in God's plans. I've been blessed in my lifetime to be successful in football and in coming here to the state of Louisiana, if you have the opportunity to help out in a city with so much need, why not? It's a blessing to be in position to do things like this...

Also, Saints RB Bush reaches out to Slidell residents - NFL News

No comments: