Friday, May 18, 2007

[Wexell] Minicamp was no place for phonies - Uniontown Herald Standard
...On the other side of the room was more truth. Troy Polamalu had returned from a religious retreat on an island in Greece. He was pure ... just pure. The reporters peppering him with questions about money, money, money made me laugh...

...Four of us reporters were sitting at lunch when Troy came up to reply to one reporter's interview request. Troy told him not to rush his lunch, that he would wait in the hall until he was done eating. The reporter would hear none of it, of course, and immediately left to get the interview done. He came back a few minutes later shaking his head. "Is that guy for real?"...

...when I approached Troy for our chat in the locker room, he couldn't get his glove off to shake my hand. He was persistent, though, and finally did yank it off to follow the code of polite society. I didn't care, but he did. That made me care a whole bunch in the end...

No comments: