Friday, February 09, 2007

McKnight selects L.A. life over LSU - Baton Rouge Advocate
...McKnight, who might be on the cover of TV Guide as a star football player before he has to worry about earning a salary in broadcasting, said LSU coach Les Miles and Ole Miss coach Ed Orgeron did nothing to steer him away from their schools.

“I don’t think Mississippi is the type of place for me. I’m a city boy,” McKnight said, “and I didn’t want to stay at home, so I just decided to go to Southern California.”

Curtis coach J.T. Curtis, who guided McKnight during the recruiting process...dismissed the idea of Louisiana residents and LSU fans holding a grudge against McKnight for choosing to go to USC.

“I really think that the people that understand college football are not going to deal in that,” he said, “and really that would be immature.”...

Also, No McKnight, no matter for LSU - Shreveport Times
[Cleveland] McKnight got away but only time will tell how big of a loss it was - Jackson Clarion-Ledger
Miles' turn to apologize? - Lafayette Daily Advertiser

No comments: