Monday, April 30, 2007

Redskins' draft is a family affair - Hampton Roads Daily Press
...the Redskins drafted Southern California outside linebacker Dallas Sartz...

...Sartz, 23, who led the Trojans with seven sacks as a senior, also knows something about sporting genes. His father, Jeff, was a strong safety at Oregon State, while his grandfather, also named Dallas, was a Golden Gloves boxer at Washington State and a professional hydroplane racer.

"Back when (my grandfather) was racing them, it was basically just a jet engine on the back of a boat," Sartz said. " … I had sports all around me when I was growing up. A lot of what (my dad and grandfather) taught me, and a lot of the way they lived their lives, taught me about how I live my life and how to compete."...

Also, USC's Sartz, Lua chosen - LA Times
Redskins shake family trees for 2nd-day picks - Roanoke Times
Linebacker Situation Addressed; Two Picks Have Good Bloodlines - Washington Post

No comments: