Friday, September 29, 2006

USC's Smith could be a marked man in Pullman - Daily Breeze
If junior split end Dwayne Jarrett doesn't make the trip when USC leaves today for Saturday's game against Washington State, senior flanker Steve Smith immediately becomes a marked man...

...Being USC's second-leading receiver this season and ninth on the school's all-time list, Smith has no qualms about taking on the double-teams Jarrett frequently sees.

"I'm expecting a little bit more attention, but luckily we've got a lot of other guys who can take that pressure off me,'' Smith said. "And if they try to get on me, double-cover like they try to do Dwayne, PT will be open.

"But I want that. I want to show that I can go out there and make plays with two guys on me, with three guys on me. It's a challenge I'm willing to take...

Also, Jarrett won't make trip - OC Register

No comments: